I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Earl Grey Chiffon Cake

Before I begin with the recipe, I'd just be honest and admit that I ain't no big fan of earl grey tea. As you know I am a green tea girl, always have been and always will be.

But I was intrigued with how earl grey tea would taste infused in a cake. So I choose one of my favouritest cake ever - the chiffon cake - and baked an earl grey version of it.

And the result is this tall, fluffy, soft, bouncy... and delicious cake! Oh dear, it was fragrant with aromatic citrusy notes. It smelt so good fresh out of the oven.

As you know, I'm on a clean eating diet so once it cooled completely, I thought I'd take one bite, just one bite, y'know to taste test it.

I mean I don't even like earl grey tea to begin with, but one bite was all it took to change my perspective on earl grey tea. I really, really enjoyed this earl grey chiffon cake, so much that I had 2 slices in one go. #byebyediet

I absolutely love how chiffon cakes are so light and airy. That makes it so... actually almost too easy to eat! The whole cake was demolished in one day, that's how good it was.

I wanted to remake it again the very next day only to find that I did not have enough eggs left. I can't wait to experiment earl grey in more baked goodies, but for now, I'd leave you with the recipe so you too can enjoy this fragrant deliciousness.

Earl Grey Chiffon Cake
Recipe by The Bakeanista - Makes a 22cm cake

Ingredients
(A)
6 large egg yolks
90g castor sugar
80ml vegetable oil
120ml water (hot water infused with 1 tbsp earl grey tea)
2-3 tsp crushed earl grey tea leaves (optional)
150g cake flour (substitute w/ 122g plain flour & 33g corn flour)
2 tsp baking powder

(B)
6 large egg whites
½ tsp cream of tartar
60g caster sugar

FOR FULL RECIPE, PLEASE VISIT MY NEW WEBSITE HERE.
Happy baking, and of course, let me know if you've got any questions. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! :)

No comments :

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)