I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Shimbashi Soba & Sake Bar

Hello from the Land of the Rising Sun!! Yes, I am in Japan! 日本! :D I've waited so long for this trip (we booked in May last year!), and hurray we are finally here!

I thought, whilst in Japan, it'd be totes appropriate to update my blog with a review of a Japanese restaurant in Melbourne - Shimbashi Soba & Sake Bar. So for those craving Japanese back in Aussie, head on over for some soba. ;)

I invited an old friend, K, out for lunch and we met up at Parliament Station prior to taking a quick walk (had to rush before they closed at 2.30pm) to Shimbashi which is located on Liverpool Street.

Shimbashi pride themselves in their handmade soba noodles, which they make in house using the buckwheat mill you can see on the bottom left of the above picture.

As soon as we sat down, we were served with a cup of water and complimentary salad each.

I ordered a Tempura Seiro (chilled soba) which was perfect on a hot summer day. The soba noodles was served with its dipping sauce, spring onions and a plate of prawns and vegetables tempura.

The soy based dipping sauce was light and refreshing - dipping a biteful of soba noodles into the dipping sauce, and have a good slurp! Oishiiiiiiiii! ;)

K had the Kamo Seiro - a plate of chilled soba served with duck dipping sauce which he absolutely enjoyed. He reported back saying, "This soba is really good!" I was so tempted to poke my fork into one of the sliced duck meat, but I told myself I had to behave. :P

Many have claimed this to be the best and most authenticate soba, but whilst I may not be able to comment on whether they serve the best soba, they sure do serve amazing, tasty soba!

Shimbashi Soba & Sake Bar on Urbanspoon
If you're a big fan of soba, definitely do give Shimbashi Soba a try - fresh and delicious! ;)

1 comment :

Ying said...

this looks so tasty! excuse me while i live vicariously through all your food pictures haha

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)