Well the thing was, I baked them for my colleague's birthday, and as I usually would, I was meant to try only one to quality check before wrapping them up and presenting these delicious treats as a gift. But it was so good, I could not stop at one.
These cookies are so addictive, I think I've already had more than 25 pieces in a span of 2 days. I am so glad I did a double portion, but I'm pretty sure my waistline is not appreciative of this move.
Don't say I didn't warn you - if you're on a diet (like I was before I discovered these scrummy treats), please do not attempt making this recipe. Trust me, it will be the end of your "healthy eating" routine.
But for cookie
monsters lovers, this is a MUST TRY! Even the batter smelt absolutely gorgeous, I ate some of the dough. Opps.
Peanut Butter, Oatmeal & Choc Chip Cookies
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker & modified by The Bakeanista
- 300g plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 228 unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- 1 cup rolled oats (I used quick oats)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup caramel chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; then set aside.
- On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, for about 3 minutes or until light and well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and beat until well incorporated.
- On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop (about the size of 1 tablespoon) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Share the love and try resisting yourself from having one too many. Good luck! ;)