I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Thursday, March 1, 2012

No sir, no sir, Three Bags Full...

Three Bags Full has been yet another one of the talk of town for ages, and of course I wouldn't want to give this cafe a miss.

A friend and I arrived at the cafe after a train ride to Abbotsford to find this rustic converted warehouse with exposed bricks at the corner of Nicholson Street.

It was packed when we arrived, but thankfully the wait wasn't too long before we got our seats. The cafe was busy as usual, and I guess that could be the reason why the staff weren't very attentive.

We had to wait for a good while before we were served with our food, but I wasn't too bothered as I wasn't too hungry. I was well preoccupied with the creative interior decor.

No, I'm not some sick pervert taking pictures of other people's bum bum. I just thought it was very creative of them to use old road signs turned chairs. I loiiiiikkkkeeeee! 

And what caught my eyes next was the pastel-coloured upturned teacups and saucers as light fixtures. Very very cute, I'd say!

I had the Parmesan Eggs that consisted of poached eggs served on organic sour dough with prosciutto, truffle oil, and grana padano.

It was tasty, I mean the combination was alright but the egg yolks were not poached well. They weren't runny and gooey, and the dish was a tad too dry for my liking with the lack of sauce.

If you're more of a sweet tooth, the ricotta hot cakes with poached fruits and orange infused ricotta would be the best pick.

It wasn't too sweet as I thought it would be, and it was well balanced with the rhubarb.

It was needless to say a really good sweet treat, but don't say I didn't warn you, the portion is very generous and it is indeed very filling.

All in all, the food was average, service wasn't too bad, and coffee (if mocha counts) was good. But I wouldn't say excellent or brilliant. I didn't walk out the door feeling "Oh yesh! I'm so coming back!"

In fact I left feeling like, y'know... It doesn't matter if I never return again... I won't feel like I'm missing out. 

Three Bags Full on Urbanspoon

If you've been having thoughts of maybe giving them a go, well I'd say no rush. There are aplenty of cafes out there with better food, better service, and better mocha *cough*Proud Mary*cough*.

But then again, 86% out of 1543 votes likes it! So it's your call. And maybe, just maybe I will give them another go. But definitely not anytime soon.

2 comments :

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

you beat me to this. was in draft and just got the time to finish it off and post..

we like the place alot but theres so many more around that you can try before deciding to return

Michelle Chin said...

I prefer their breakfast items because they are healthier than what is served out there. :D

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)