I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Mini Croquembouche

Grandpa turned 94 a week ago, and we decided to throw him a surprise party. Considering how big my family is, it was quite impossible to let someone handle it all. So, we decided to hold a potluck instead. 

After much thought, I decided to make a mini croquembouche, but without the sugar spin to nest it in fear that it might be too sweet for my uncles and aunts.

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet but my croquembouche was a big hit! The profiteroles were all gobbled up even before I knew it.

Even grampa, who doesn't usually eat sweet stuffs, had a bite! That's quite an achievement for me can!

I got many praises, which of course were music to my ears that made me beam gleefully at the end of the night. (:

But the headache now is, what should I bake for our reunion dinner on the Chinese New Year's eve? I'm thinking passionfruit bavarois tart.

Or perhaps, do you have a better suggestion? :D

2 comments :

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

so what was in the profiteroles!??

i finally made some that day that didnt fall flat! but didnt make any filling so i ate it with custard

- m i c h e l l e - said...

I made creme patisserie and piped them in. :D

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)