I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Vanilla Apple Cakey

I'm still soooo not over the Apple Frenzy yet! I keep buying apples to bake anything apple-ish. Even my friend, JS, said, "You can start an Apple Family Bakery!"

The cakey looks burnt on the top, but it's not. The secret is because... No no no no no, I'm not telling you! :P Nah, I'm not that selfish, I was just kidding! :P It's sprinkled with cinnamon and brown sugar. So it's actually really really fragrant. Wheee! :D

Vanilla Apple Cakey
Recipe modified by The Bakeanista

Ingredients:
250g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
250g castor sugar
4 eggs (at room temperature)

250g self-raising flour, sifted

1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Granny Smiths apples
2 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon

Method:
1) Preheat the oven to 180° C. Grease and flour a 20cm round springform pan.

2) Beat butter and sugar until mixture turns pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, then add the sifted flour and vanilla extract. Beat together quickly to make a smooth batter.

3) Tip into prepared tin, then arrange apple wedges on top, pushing them halfway into the cake batter.

4) Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.

5) Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.

6) Let cake rest for a few minutes minutes, then release the cake, and let it cool completely on a wire rack.

It's like my favourite cake this season, can?
I bake it like once a week. Sometimes, twice.

No comments :

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)