I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Dreams Do Come True :)

As all of you might know, I love everything K-related; be it K-food, K-culture, K-pop, K-drama and even the Korean language. I have always wanted to experience living in Seoul and I always thought to myself "how nice would it be?" though it has always seem like a very far-fetched dream. But the moment I let my guards down and started chasing after this dream... It seems like as if the universe really did hear me, and has responded by granting me my wish!

YES, I AM GOING TO KOREA!! ✈

Yep, you read that right! To my favourite country! *big grin* Honestly though, I still can't believe it. Even though my air ticket's booked and I'm flying off in a few days, it still feels really surreal. In a good way of course!

I'll be working and attending a Korean language course, both part time, right in the heart of Gangnam. I am needless to say super duper excited!! It is like a dream come true for me.

This is an opportunity of a lifetime that I am so utterly grateful for. I am very, very excited and cannot wait to begin this new adventure! I mean... It's Seoul!!! :D

I won't lie though, taking a big step into the unknown is really nerve-wrecking. I mean, I am moving to foreign country that's entirely new to me, I don't know anyone there, I have got no friends or relatives in Seoul, and I can only speak the very basic Korean. I am terrified, but at the same time really excited to see what the future holds for me. Things really do work out, somehow or rather, don't they?

However as I will be staying in a guesthouse with a small, shared kitchen, I am undeniably a little upset I won't be able to experiment much in the kitchen anymore. 😔  I cannot imagine 6 months with no baking, but I sure am looking forward to exploring the Korean culture and K-food!!

Naturally, my blog and Instagram account will also take a new direction, focusing on my new journey in Seoul. I hope you'll all still enjoy following my feed as I embark on this next chapter of my life. 😊

1 comment :

Ken said...

I hope you are enjoying Korea. I look forward to your posts.

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)