I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The French Lettuce

I might not be too big a fan of vanilla slices, but having heard all the raves about THIS vanilla slice, I couldn't possibly say no to a visit to French Lettuce. 

Sandwiched between two crumbly crust pastry, was this heavenly soft vanilla custard which thankfully, wasn't too overwhelmingly sweet. It is nice eaten on its own, but also goes just as well with a drizzle of strawberry jam.

Not sure if this is the best I've had, but it sure was good! ;)

The French Lettuce Patisserie & Bakery on Urbanspoon
Would I return? For sure. But maybe not for the vanilla slice.

They have so many other things behind the glass counter that I'd love to try, someday.

No comments :

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)