I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Monday, January 17, 2011

"Ish, too good!"

That above phrase (pun intended or not) is best used to describe this crispy soft shell crab omelette. With so many food bloggers raving on and on about how good this dish was, I simply had to try it on my previous visit to Sydney.

And sure enough, it was yums! The crispy soft shell crab wrapped within a light omelette, lying in a bed of soy and ginger dressing - ahhh, the flavour combination was simply spectacular! I loved it! :D

This is the Big Ish that lived up to its name in terms of portion - two sunny side up eggs, bacon, and mushroom served atop of toast, along with tomato, crocodile sausages, baked beans, and fried mochi.

I must say I totally loved the fried mochi and baked beans; they just tasted different, in a good way of course. :) But I wouldn't say the same for the croc sausages.

Well, it was my first time eating crocodile meat and I thought it tasted very odd! The meat was tender and all, but just weird. Maybe it's the thought of it being "crocodile". Ha, ha!

And this, is one of the best coffee I've ever had - yes, Cafe Ish's signature Wattle Maccacino wins hands down!

With ingredients such as wattle and macadamia, this artistically presented maccacino is not your typical coffee, although it looks quite like one.

It tasted quite like mocha, but has a hint of nutty aroma that gives your nostrils such satisfying pleasure you don't usually get with other coffee. No, I'm not kidding! I really thought it was THAT good. ;)

Cafe Ish on Urbanspoon
A place you must NOT miss if you happen to visit Sydney. ;)

4 comments :

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

gosh i miss a good breakfast!!

- m i c h e l l e - said...

me too! i miss melb's brekkie!

carol said...

the brekkie looks good and huge :-) just dropping by and say hi..

- m i c h e l l e - said...

carol: thanks for dropping by carol! :)

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)