I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Monday, September 13, 2010

Orange Jaffa Cake

For this cake, I used my Orange Fluffy recipe and modified it slightly by adding a fair bit of grated chocolate into the batter egg yolk mixture after folding in the flour.
I don't quite remember how big the chocolate block was, but I grated it into small bits that makes out about 8-10 tbsps, then kept refrigerated as I prepared my cake batter.

I decorated the cake with chocolate rice on the sides and used strawberries to adorn the top. As for the icing, I made chocolate cream cheese frosting. Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe by The Bakeanista

Ingredients:
90g cream cheese, softened
45g butter, softened
200g icing sugar, sifted
30g of cocoa powder, sifted

Method:
1) Cream together butter and cream cheese until well combined.

2) Gradually add icing sugar until incorporated.
3) Add in sifted cocoa powder and beat until smooth.

May you keep in mind that the better the quality of your cocoa powder is, the nicer the frosting would be. ;)

As I refrigerated the cake, the texture was more sponge-like, rather than chiffoney. The texture was still soft and fine, and full of flavor nonetheless. And boy, that cream cheese frosting added on an extra punch! Oh, yums! :P

No comments :

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)