I had a huge punnet of blueberries sitting in my fridge, and my brother and I couldn't finish eating them. I looked up for a yogurt cake recipe but modified it slightly. I added lemon juice for an extra hint of tangy-ness.
Blueberry Yogurt Cake
Recipe adapted from Taste and modified by The Bakeanista
125g butter, cubed
150g caster sugar
300g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
200ml blueberry flavored low-fat yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease two 7 x 10 inch rectangular cake pan with butter. Line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
2) Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until combined.
3) Sift together flour and baking powder, and stir one third into the mixture. Add half of the yogurt and mix until just combined. Stir in lemon juice.
4) Stir in another third of the flour, then add yogurt and mix until combined. Stir remaining flour, followed by milk, and mix until well combined.
5) Spoon batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Scatter the blueberries evenly over the top.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
7) Carefully turn out onto a wire rack. Turn upright and set aside for a further 20 minutes or until cooled to room temperature.