I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Have you heard of Top Paddock?

Come on, I'm sure you have! If you haven't, you're probably a) not a brunch person or b) living in a cave. But either way, you're missing out.

I've heard a lot about Top Paddock, and I've had it on my to-eat-list for years. This much raved about cafe is located on Church Street in Richmond, and not that easily accessible (to me at least) as we hardly ever venture out to Richmond anyways.

So, I took advantage of the Anzac long weekend to drag The Boyfriend here with me. The Brudder and his girlfriend, whom I shall call The SIL (sister-in-law to be, but not yet) tagged along too.

The cafe was buzzing by the time we arrived and a long queue had already formed outside. I was told that there was going to be a "30 minutes or so" wait.

All four of us had our tummies grumbling away waiting to be fed, and I was this close to suggesting maybe we head elsewhere and come back another time.

But thankfully I didn't, because 10 minutes into waiting, I heard my name being called out, "Michelleeeee... Table for 4.... Michelleeee!"

Oh YAY!!! We hurried inside, and I decided to start with a cuppa mocha. Oh boy, it was beautiful - both visually and taste wise! I loved it. I didn't need to add extra sugar (as I would elsewhere), it was perfect as it is already. This is possibly one of my favourite mocha!

And just how beautiful is my bircher muesli? It arrived at the table looking all pretty with berries, figs, natural yogurt & the green tea poached pear! Muesli NEVER looked this good before.

I must admit, it was too pretty to eat, I took soooooooo many shots of it before I reluctantly dug my spoon in it.

Of course, there are no prizes for guessing what The Boyfriend ordered. Typically, he went for the soft shell mud crab roll!

A generous piece of crab as a whole, lightly battered and fried to a crisp, sandwiched between a brioche bun with lime mayo, fennel and dill salad. Yes I did, I stole a bite.

It was so good, and at that moment, as I was chewing and taking in all the flavours, it was as though everything fazed out.....

...It was just me and the soft shell crab roll. ♥ ♥ ♥ I NEED MORE OF THIS PLEASE!!! We're so coming back, I tell ya.

The SIL went for the blueberry and ricotta hotcake, with berries, organic maple, seeds and double cream. I had a bite; it was soft and fluffy, as you would imagine clouds (and hotcakes) to be.

Although The SIL offered me numerous times for an extra bite, I could see she was enjoying it a lot and did not want to be rude or selfish.

If it was The Boyfriend's, I wonder how many times he would have to put up with me just helping myself to spoonfuls after spoonfuls! xD

Oh, and The Brudder had the steak sandwich, but he dug right into it when I was too busy photographing the rest... and it didn't look too appetizing anymore with his bite marks all over. Boo! :$

Top Paddock on Urbanspoon
Two thumbs up for Top Paddock, they did live up to my expectations... everything from coffee, to friendly wait staff, bright, lively ambience, and that soft shell crab roll... ahhhh!

1 comment :

BakingTray said...

YES! my friend was talking about Top Paddock and after looking at the reviews i really want to go tooooo :D i wanna try the hotcake :) but the soft shell crab roll looks good toooooO! hope i can find some time to go :)

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)