I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Bistro Guillaume @ Crown

The Boyfriend and I recently celebrated our first anniversary together, and being the more romantic one, I decided to organise a date and take him for some good food.

I planned a lunch date the weekend before our anniversary, which was a bit of a boo-boo to fall on Tuesday. 

I decided on the three course lunch at Bistro Guillaume because I've heard so much about them and I've been DYING to try it out so I figured this was a good opportunity.

For my entree, I wanted something light so I went for the king prawn with avocado cream, tomato, croutons and cos lettuce salad.

It certainly was light, refreshing and super delicious, I polished the plate clean in no time. The flavours were brilliant and all the ingredients went really well together. 

The addition of croutons and chopped red onion also added a nice texture. It is so yummy, I want to try to replicate this at home!

The Boyfriend, on the other hand, opted for the soup special of the day. Being the typical Malaysian that I am, my reaction was, "Har?!! You come here to drink soup ah? Choose something else lah."

He was adamant about his soup though. Boy, am I glad that he was because let me tell you, this Jerusalem artichoke vebate with garlic beurve nasette has earned itself the 'BEST soup I've ever had in my life' title.

I'm sorry I can barely remember what was the ingredients of this soup, but if it's ever on special again when you head over to Bistro Guillaume, be sure to order this. 

Next, I had the chargrilled King Salmon with roasted Jerusalem artichoke and shallot confit as my main.

I initially ordered the pork belly but decided 5 minutes later that I didn't want something too rich and had my order changed. And boy, am I glad that I did so! :D

The salmon was very well cooked and complimented the roasted Jerusalem artichoke and shallot confit which was truly delicious. 

For The Boyfriend's main, he opted for the rack of lamb on a bed of ratatouille, tapenade and zucchini flower which was also good.

I did find that it was a little too rare for my liking, and there were A LOT of fats which I didn't appreciate.

You see, I'm quite a weirdo in the sense where I love my beef/steak medium-rare, but when it comes to other meat, I'd very much prefer them medium.

But either way, I don't really like the fatty bits on all meat. Except maybe fried chicken skin! *shifty eyes* 

 
The skinny and the fatty. Can some genius please invent the FAT-TRANSFER MACHINE please? Look at my char-siew-bao face!

Everytime the Boyfriend calls me a char-siew-bao, I'm pretty sure this is what he sees! >:(

It's really sad, my Mum and the Boyfriend have both agreed that they're taking turns to say "Mi/baby, you shooooo fat!" everytime they see me or speak to me. :'(

OKAY FTS! This is it, I'm putting it down in writing. I'm going to endeavour to lose 5kg before my 23rd birthday. That gives me slightly more than 2 months.

I CAN DO IT!!! I'm going to show those two cheeky buggers that I'm not fat!!! *determined face*

If I fail to do so, I will be banned from desserts for 2 months. :( All of you can be my witness!!

Anyhoos, enough of me. Back to our anniversary date, we were both really full by the time we finished our main, and the Boyfriend said that he wasn't keen on getting a dessert.

I insisted though! Because I've got a tiny weeny surprise for him which I got the wait staff to note down when I made the table reservation.

I wanted something light (I know right, AGAIN!) so I chose the dessert special of the day - strawberry & frangipane tart with creme patisserie which we both really enjoyed!

When it arrived, the Boyfriend being the Boyfriend, he did not see the chocolate writing on the plate! It took him a good while to realise after me giving him the "nice or not, nice or not look". :P

The Boyfriend ain't no big fan of strawberries, but because the tart was so yummeh, he ate it anyways! iHappy! Maybe I can slowly convert him into loving strawberries! ;)

And to wash it all down, we also had some English Breakfast tea to finish off! Each cup of tea came with a macaron, but I devoured it so quickly before realising OH NO, I forgot to take a picture. :P

Bistro Guillaume on Urbanspoon
All in all I really enjoyed our lunch date! Everything - from our entree and mains through to dessert - was super yummeh and the staff were also really friendly and attentive.

I also loved the ambience with the lime green and white decor, and I would highly recommend Bistro Guillaume. Would I return? YES! I am already looking forward to our next visit! 

Next up, would be a post on the Boyfriend's treat at Shira Nui. :)

*********

I know this sounds very mushy and all, but I just want to say a big THANK YOU to this man who came into my life and turned my once dull and grey life, into a very bright and colourful one.

After my previous relationship, I didn't think that I was able to one day, find love again, but he proved me wrong. Very wrong, indeed. :)

I fell head over heels with Leon and the feelings that I have for him only keeps growing stronger. Thank you babe for loving me, taking care of me and simply for being my greatest source of joy and happiness.

I look forward to celebrating more anniversaries and creating new memories with you along the way. ily ♥ ♥ ♥

4 comments :

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

so how u intend to lose 5kg in 2 months? teach me alsooooooo....

ming said...

You cuties, congratulations :)

Your meal looks delicious (my friend recently went and he must've ordered all the bad dishes because he gave it a loud MEH), and loved your little weight-loss interlude :p

ming said...

And double commenting but Shira Nui! Can't wait to read your post on that, I hope you found it as astounding as I did!

The Bakeanista said...

Joe: Eat less, limit my carbs, and try to go work out? Sigh it's tough!

Ming: Hehe thank you lovely! I really loved the dishes that we ordered. A shame your friend had a bad experience. My weight-loss journey ain't going well though. BOO! It's so hard to say no to desserts in particular. AND YES! Shira Nui is coming soon hehe!

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)