I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Monday, November 15, 2010

Strawberry Frangipane

My hands were itching to bake after watching Junior Masterchef's grand finale. I was so inspired to bake the Pear Perfection by Adriano Zumbo.

Although it looks really complicated, but if a 12 year old can bake such beautiful replicas of Zumbo's work, I'm sure I can too! But after skimming through the recipe, I realized I still lacked a couple of ingredients which means no Pear Perfection for me tonight.

I went through my to-bake-list, and decided to bake this:

Strawberry Frangipane Cake
Recipe by Malaysian Delicacies and modified by The Bakeanista

Ingredients:
(A)
3 tbsp plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
100g almond meal

(B)
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence

(C)
150g cold butter,cubed
120g castor sugar
120g strawberries

Method:
1) Lightly grease and flour the muffin pans or cupcake tins (I used a six-holed mini cake pan). Grease even it’s a non stick pan so that the cakes comes out easily. Preheat the oven to 180 deg'C.

2) Sift together flour and baking powder then mix with almond meal. Set aside.

3) Beat eggs, egg yolks and vanilla essence together and set aside.

4) Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, for about 3-4 minutes with a cake mixer. Gradually trickle in the egg mixture from (3), beating constantly. Once all the egg has been added, fold in almond mixture from (2) by hand.

5) Add a tsp full of batter on the mould , drop in a few pieces of cut strawberries and then top it with more batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

6) Enjoy your frangipane cake while it's still warm! ;)

It is so simple to make, yet tastes absolutely divine! ;)

No comments :

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)