I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Tangzhong Method Milk Bread (Thermomix & Breadmaker Recipes)

Wow, I did not think that I would come back to blogging but with increasing demand for recipes upon sharing pictures of my recent breadmaking adventures on my Instagram @thebakeanista, I thought might as well summarize everything here for your easy reference!

When the Malaysian government announced the launch of the Movement Control Order due to the Covid-19 pandemic, my fellow Malaysians went a little crazy and wiped clean the shelves at supermarkets and local grocery stores. There was a very low supply of bread for the first 2 weeks, and my parents both inhale bread so quickly, I bought myself 5kg of bread flour and started practicing my breadmaking skills.

Fast forward two months later, I've made both these recipes so many times that I actually know by heart the ingredients and steps. I may come back and update this post with better quality pictures, but as I'm rushing this recipe for now, here you go!


This is by far my favourite bread to bake, for I know how amazing this tangzhong method is! This method always, always yields loaves that are soft, tender and fluffy. I also appreciate how the bread stays soft for longer with the inclusion of extra hydration from using this tangzhong method.

I'm including below two different recipes - one using the Thermomix, and the other using breadmaker - both of which I've tried several times and have never failed me. For both the recipes, the dough is kneaded either in the Thermomix/breadmaker, then shaped by hand and baked in oven. 

If you need further convincing, you may want to watch the crumb test videos here and I hope you'd be inspired to give these recipes a go:

Both of these recipes yield only one loaf and for these recipes, I'm using my 8x4x4" Pullman 450g loaf pan.

Thermomix Recipe

Recipe adapted from Cookidoo International and modified by The Bakeanista


Ingredients
  • 20g + 270g high protein/bread flour
  • 100g + 130g fresh milk, chilled
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 30 g sugar
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 10 g milk powder
  • 1 tsp dried yeast powder
  • 25 g butter, softened
  • some water, icy cold, for spraying or egg wash

FOR FULL RECIPE, PLEASE VISIT MY NEW WEBSITE HERE.

Breadmaker Recipe (Can also be used for Standmixers)

Recipe adapted from Christine's Recipe and modified by The Bakeanista.


Ingredients

(A) Tangzhong
  • 25g high protein/bread flour
  • 125g milk/water or 50/50 of milk & water

(B) Milk Loaf
  • 270g high protein/bread flour
  • 43g castor sugar
  • 1tsp salt
  • 5g milk powder
  • 6g instant dried yeast (approx 2 tsp)
  • 43g whisked egg (save remaining eggs for egg wash later)
  • 30g whipping cream
  • 27g milk
  • 92g tangzhong
  • 25gm unsalted butter, melted

FOR FULL RECIPE, PLEASE VISIT MY NEW WEBSITE HERE.

No comments :

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)