I will no longer be updating this blog.
DO CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.THEBAKEANISTA.COM

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It's all about M-A-C-A-R-O-N-S!!!

One of the first dessert places that the Boyfriend and I headed to when we were in Sydney was Café Cre Asion which was tucked away in a hidden laneway of Alberta Street.

I've heard all about this hidden gem and how amazing their macarons are, so despite being so tired from our early flight in, we somehow still managed to garner the energy to walk our way to Cre Asion with the help of Google Maps!

Walking through the door of this tiny café, I spotted their huge selection of macarons that they had on display - some your usual flavours, and the rest of them, unique with an Jap/Asian spin.

The Boyfriend and I selected four to share amongst the two of us, and we decided to go for the more unique flavours.

From L-R (clockwise): Thai milk tea, Dear Chris (chocolate hazelnut), yuzu, green tea!

I particularly like the Thai milk tea most, and so does the Boyfriend - tasted just like that Thai milk tea drink! If you like the drink, then you will definitely love this macaron.

The Dear Chris macaron tasted a fair bit like the Ferraro Rocher chocolate and being the chocolate lover, the Boyfriend appreciated the flavour more than I did.

The yuzu was very citrusy, but I find that it was a tad too tangy for my liking. Then again, I don't like anything that is tangy so you get the drift. :P

The green tea macaron had a very subtle flavour, I could barely taste any matcha-ness. I love my green tea so I definitely wish it was stronger.

I really like the texture of the macarons which were very consistent between all four of them - crisp on the surface, chewy when bitten in, with the perfect amount of filling.

I can't say for sure that they are the best macarons in Sydney as many have claimed, considering I have yet to try all the places, but I definitely prefer Cre Asion to Zumbarons, and perhaps I'd say that they are on par with La Renaissance.

Café Cre Asion on Urbanspoon

The next time I am back in Sydney, I might or might not return to Cre Asion. I have a never ending list of places that I'd love to try, but if I were to live in Sydney, who knows, it might be a different story altogether. ;)

You know you want one! ;)

6 comments :

BakingTray said...

Mmm these look delicious! also on my "to-go-list" for sydney :) I'm actually going this week so been looking at your blog for places to eat =) I really want to go to Zumbo's balmain patisserie as i went last year but to the chain at The Star which didn't have as much variety!
thanks for all your reviews :)

The Bakeanista said...

Yeah, the Balmain branch has a lot more variety. But at The Star, you get to do the dessert train thingy.

Here are the places in Sydney which I have blogged about:
http://the-bakeanista.blogspot.com.au/p/dine-out-sydney.html

And these are my Top 10:
http://the-bakeanista.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/sydney-top-10-to-eat-places.html

Make sure you go to Ms.G's and Flour&Stone too! Have a good time! :)

msihua said...

Okay, another place to bookmar for my visit in April.. No idea how my tummy is gonna fit all these places in!

The Bakeanista said...

Msihua: YOU CAN DO IT!!! Sigh, I wish I had another trip booked in for April. I want flour and stone. Sob sob!

BakingTray said...

Hey Bakeanista~

Just back from my mini sydney trip! I got to go to Adriano Zumbo's lab!! Balmain store! However.... the glass was frosted up :( :( so couldn't see inside the kitchen! Apparently they were doing some renovation work... DISAPPOINTED.... but i did get to taste more of his yummy macarons and cake =D great breakfast!

also I went to Ms G's but they weren't open till later and I didnt have time :( so.. I guess its just another excuse for another syd trip =D

there's a lot of other places on ur top 10 that I didn't get to go to.. but can I suggest Gelato Messina (Darlinghurst)!GREAT ICECREAM! and fancy cakes as well! Also best Korean food is at Strathfield ^^

The Bakeanista said...

Hi BakingTray! So jealous to hear of your trip up to Sydney although it was such a bummer that the Zumbo's kitchen was under renovation. But y'know what, being able to taste his yummy sweets are what matters most! ;)

Hehe I've got Gelato Messino on my list too, but we've had way too much the previous trip - had to control that LIL bit.

Which Korean in Strathfield is good? Do you remember the restaurant name? :)

Click on 'OLDER POSTS' for more! :)